A Break to Ponder...
So, this has been the month of papers and midterms and soon to be finals. Stressful. Mostly because I have terrible time-management skills and always underestimate how long things take to get done. Embarrassing really! There's always something more fun, or more important that simply must get done. Take for example this moment... I should be writing a French composition that's due tomorrow but clearly it's a matter of life and death that I blog right now. I mean, come on...it's been over a month...let's prioritize here. Plus, there's only a certain amount of French one can handle before they start thinking, dreaming, and breathing the language. Breaks are a necessity.
Amidst all this study-mania...I've been doing a lot of thinking. Thinking about listening to the voice of God. I think too often we (or maybe just I) underestimate the extent to which God does, and wants to, speak to us. And, if we're not used to listening to him...it pretty hard to hear him when he's talking. Prayer too often consists of me puking out all my thoughts, needs, fears and hurts to God...saying amen...and continuing with life. But what if when we ask Him questions, he answers? And what if when He answers, we listen?
God has answered some pretty specific prayers lately...and not in the ways I would have wanted. But the answers get me so excited and I am almost surprised. But WHY? Shouldn't I expect the Living God whom I trust and love to RESPOND? All too often I think we don't hear because we just want God to confirm what we want. But what about when He has other plans? Do we listen then? And if we hear, do we obey? Will we obey?
Just some thoughts to ponder.


1 Comments:
Thanks for the thoughts to think about Jo.
Post a Comment
<< Home