Sunday, December 03, 2006

I Choose Life.


I leave for Africa in a mere 4 days. This break between Europe and Africa has been rough. Living alone does not do me well! I have felt myself pulling away and further into myself and my thoughts. If I haven't called, that's why. But last night I saw a glimpse of light for the first time in days. I remembered what hope we have in Christ and the promises He has given. I have been carrying these burdens of loneliness by myself. Trying to be strong but failing miserably. As I sat and cried and prayed with a dear friend last night I started to remember. I remembered the life that we are offered through Christ, the ABUNDANT life, that I'm not currently living. I remembered how Christ has overcome ALL things and knows what I need and when I need it. I remembered that this is not a road I walk alone but one that Christ has already walked and is walking with me now.

Who knows what tomorrow holds? Maybe my world will fall apart...maybe it won't. Either way, this is not a road I walk alone. Either way...I choose LIFE.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger stoph said...

You're going to Africa? That's awesome. I had no clue. Where you going? What are you doing there?
I'll be praying that you have an awesome time.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Beth Anne said...

Thanks for the reminder friend.
You bless me and I love ya bunches!
Have a WONDERFUL trip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home