Friday, July 14, 2006

Life at Camp

Two weeks ago God impressed on my heart the importance of my job at Barnabas being HIS work and not mine. So I prayed ernestly that God would make it that and show His power and do things only He could do. Well, I promptly got sick with a nasty case of strep. It knocked me out for 9 days. We're talking 14-16 hours a day of SLEEP with barely enough energy to walk across the room when I was awake. So when it happened the day before my second club was going to arrive I panicked and prayed that God would heal me so I could get back to work. Clearly it would all fall apart if I wasn't there... But, instead He gently reminded me that this was His work and that while He wanted to use me, he didn't need to. He totally provided someone to take my place while I was out and used that person in amazing ways.

When I was able to return five days ago God blessed the last five days of the two week club in incredible ways. I SAW God work and the things He did were beyond what I could have imagined or prayed for. What a humbling but incredible lesson! I was sad to watch these kids leave but I wait in anticipation for the things God has in store for the next club.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Oh my dear sweet Joey how I miss you. I'm glad to hear that your strep didn't turn into mono (there were rumors . . .) I've been excited to hear how God has been using you to mold and sculpt these kids to be more like them - what better role model could he use?!? Can't wait to come and visit. Take care of your self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home