Wednesday, March 08, 2006

NEWS on the Horizon!


So, it's been a while since I last, and first, blogged. But I finally have something to blog about. News that is... I just got a job to work at Barnabas Camp this summer on Keates Island. I borrowed the picture off their website...it's so beautiful there! Barnabas is designated to serving the family. Each week you get a new group of families and the program is designed to give them time to rest, get restored, and be fed by good teaching. Every two weeks there's a crew of 8-10 teenagers that come in and work doing dishes, childcare, and other camp maintenance duties as well as learn and grow together in the word, etc. I get to work with this small group! How EXCITING! I organize their time from work schedules, to devotions, to activities and get to do everything with them. PLUS...some of my most favourite people are going to be there! FANTASTIC!! I start doing some work from home in May and move to Barnabas in the beginning of June. I'm a little nervous but super excited. I look forward to what God is going to do in me and in the kids this summer!

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Cathy-Jo!

So stoked to see all these friends from Capes out here with blogs of their own. How did I not know everyone was hanging out here in front of their computers?? Anyways...I hope you're doing well and enjoying the good times with our Lord Jesus.

see ya!
ryan j (pump-house guy)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Cathy Jo!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you to have an amazing summer but sad that my Jo time will be significantly reduced. Blessings to you friend!!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Nic. said...

Hey Cathy-jo!!
I'm glad you blogged again, and that's awesome about that job you got. You're the perfect person for it!! Have a superfantastic day and know that i love you!!

Nic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home