Sunday, October 08, 2006

From the Heart.

"If we are honest with our longing for holiness-in our prayer to be wholly the Lord's-His holy presence will stir up and discover hidden sin... Let no one, who seeks to learn the blessed art of waiting on God, wonder if at first attempt to wait on Him only reveals more of sin and darkness... Was not, in His own beloved Son, the gift and bearer of His mercy on Calvary, the mercy as hidden and lost in the judgement? Oh, submit and sink down deep under the judgement of your every sin. Judgement prepares the way and breaks out in wonderful mercy." --Andrew Murray

This has been the story of my heart over the past month. While I have loved travelling and the experiences it has brought, in my heart I have felt nothing but burden over my sin. I look at myself and all I see is the bad stuff. But the wonderful thing is that I have known the Greatness and wonderful Love and Grace of Christ like never before. I really understand His Mercy and Grace because I can see that there is nothing in me that deserves what He offers- Grace, Forgiveness, Freedom, and LIFE!! When I look at myself during these times I get overwhelmed and filled with sadness. But when I turn my eyes upward and look to Jesus I feel satisfied. His love for me, despite myself, is enough.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has overcome...time to walk in Him

 

Post a Comment

<< Home